The FPV System family has grown about one more sensor, the airspeed sensor. It is based on very expensive but best in class Swiss made digital chip MS4525D5AI001D. On board has power supply allowing to work with voltages bigger and smaller then 5V (3,5-10V) because it is powered from servo bus and everything can happen there.
I put it in shop as a airspeed kit together with Pitot probe. Also probe can be ordered separately.
By default sensor has 25cm long wire with yellow socket (I2C bus) to OSD (not to AP!). If you will need another wire length to your plane please let me know in comment to order. Pitot probe has 75cm silicon hose. It should be cute in half to connect "static" and "total" pressure ports. Ports are described on sensor's board, so it should be easy to connect. Wrong connection will give you negative speed. I don't know how Zbig did it, but he can calculate square root from negative number!
Good idea is to cover the pitot probe tip (cover both total and static wholes)) against wind during power on calibration.
Unfortunately sensor measure speed only in one direction. It doesn't work on flight in reverse or side direction.
After long beta tests we publish set of firmware for components of System FPV. This version include many small enhancements requested by users and changes worked out during operation.
The new feature are possibility to use diversity for 2 independent RC receivers with CPPM or S-Bus output.This version also has new method of calibration current sensor allowing for minimize measurement errors.
Detailed description of all changes in 2.60 version can be found in document below link.
Article about diversity if FPV System
Article about current sensor calibration
Files with new firmware can be downloaded from section FPV System -> Download
The summer vacation is period when many peoples has more free time to flight. In last weeks received many videos from you and discovered that previous way of presentation was broken so just refreshed video gallery for FPV System.
If you have interesting video and want to share it to other users please contact with me.
Link to Video gallery
After long time of testing and three realease candidate version we can publish version 2.50 of FPV System.
Most important features of new version:
- Added new navigation modes,
- Added multi-segment routes,
- Added takeoff functionality to keep the plane level and climbing at a desired takeoff angle
- Added safe and accurate automatic model airplane landings without direct pilot involvement,
- Advanced Pitch and Roll stabilization options,
- Course stabilization,
- RC monitor shows information about the state of up to 5 RC channels,
- New view shows the current airplane elevation and glideslope angle,
- Ignore RTH for time period.
Detailed description is in documents:
New version files as usual in FPV System -> Download
Our team is testing next release of firmware including some new functionality:
- Takeoff support
- 10 Routes with 127 segments each and on screen route visualization
- Autonomous landing on selected runway based on ILS feature
- New navigation modes with “mountain mode” to avoid high obstacles
- New advanced stabilization options and course stabilization in manual flight
- RC channel monitor
More details and firmware for testing you can find in our thread on RC Groups.