After long time of testing and three realease candidate version we can publish version 2.50 of FPV System.
Most important features of new version:
- Added new navigation modes,
- Added multi-segment routes,
- Added takeoff functionality to keep the plane level and climbing at a desired takeoff angle
- Added safe and accurate automatic model airplane landings without direct pilot involvement,
- Advanced Pitch and Roll stabilization options,
- Course stabilization,
- RC monitor shows information about the state of up to 5 RC channels,
- New view shows the current airplane elevation and glideslope angle,
- Ignore RTH for time period.
Detailed description is in documents:
New version files as usual in FPV System -> Download
Our team is testing next release of firmware including some new functionality:
- Takeoff support
- 10 Routes with 127 segments each and on screen route visualization
- Autonomous landing on selected runway based on ILS feature
- New navigation modes with “mountain mode” to avoid high obstacles
- New advanced stabilization options and course stabilization in manual flight
- RC channel monitor
More details and firmware for testing you can find in our thread on RC Groups.
I would like to present video of our friend showing how OSD+AP help to start and land in hard foggy condition in the morning:
The FPV System has 2 new functionality implemented in OSD to increase safety and performance of long range FPV flight.We call it wind assistant and thermal assistant. It will be available in firmware with number 2.40 and bigger.
Is used to measure wind speed and direction at current altitude, usually different then speed on ground. It not require and additional hardware, only needs to make a full circle in the air on constant throttle and constant altitude stick position. Internal algorithms calculate drift of the plane and display numeric value on the OSD screen. Wind speed and directions can be displayed on radar screen area or in the air/ground speed control. It will not display until first valid measurement will be performed.
Information about wind speed and direction can be crucial to plan and perform long range flight.
Is used to visualize position of the detected ascending and descending thermal currents. Having that points are on radar screen, it is easier to circle in the ascending currents to get the higher altitude and finally increase the distance of the flight. Position of points is all the time recalculated using data from wind assistant to follow real thermal moved by wind. If new thermal currents will be detected, the old one is cleared.
Thermal assistant can be used by any kind of plane, not only gliders.
This functionality require Autopilot module, because variometer sensor is mounted on autopilot board.
For more details about assistants please read document: Wind Assistant and Thermal Assistant in PitLab & Zbig FPV System.